For Departments: Exposure Journal Data
The Exposure Journal is an exposure journal that your firefighters can use at any time on any device to track the potentially harmful exposures that happen to them over the course of their career. Departments can analyze the anonymous data captured by the app to keep their firefighters safer.
With the data that we are collecting we’ll be able to tell you:
- How many exposures in your department apply to which particular incident code numbers
- The number of exposures in your department by city
- The number of exposures in your department by county
- And much more!
The app launched on December 17th, 2018, but we need data in order to show reports. So, reporting will officially be turned on April 1, 2019. From that point forward reporting will become more and more robust.
Get started by creating your account here: https://exposurejournal.app/
Once you have an account, you can claim a department at any time.
Claiming a department is as simple as clicking the "Manage a Department" in the menu or by clicking here: https://exposurejournal.app/account/manage-department/start/
Developed in partnership with the Oregon Safety and Health Section, the Exposure Journal is designed to be:
- Secure - Only you the firefighter can read the description of the entries
- Easy - One click to create an entry. We keep it short and sweet so your firefighters aren’t filling in page after page of questions.
- Accessible - Your firefighters can access the Exposure Journal at any time from any device
- Anonymous - As an admin, you won’t be able to see the journal entries, just the raw data that is collected.
Pure Blue is an application development company based in Eugene, Oregon. We’ve been building healthcare related applications since 2005. Exposure Journal is our latest project for the fire service. If you'd like to make the Exposure Journal better, please send us your feedback! You can use the feedback functions in the app. You’ll find the feedback form in the “Send Feedback” part of the menu.